Inspired by the plethora of brown bananas around my house and not wanting to drink ANOTHER smoothie, I started thinking about brownies and wondered if there was such a thing as a "Banana Brownie." Well, turns out, it's a thing. But these being strange times, I did not have all the ingredients in my pantry to follow the recipe I found so I improvised with what I had on hand. The result? DEE-LICIOUS! Whether you eat them warm straight out of the pan or top them with ice cream and a drizzle of Banana BAM, I am sure this treat will find it's way into your regular dessert routine.
Makes About 8 Servings
2 Ripe Bananas
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, melted, plus 1 Tablespoon solid*
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour*
1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder, plus 1 Tablespoon*
1/4 Teaspoon Salt, (we like Black Hawaiian)
1/2 Cup Chopped Peanuts*
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips *
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Prep 9x9inch baking tray by greasing it with 1 tablespoon butter than dusting it with 1 tablespoon cocoa.
3. In a large bowl, use a fork or potato masher to smash bananas.
3. Add the sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter and vanilla and whisk to combine.
4. Add the flour, salt and cocoa powder and stir to fully incorporate.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.
No chocolate chips or nuts on hand? No problem! Improvise & omit those items! Or add white chocolate chips. Or raisins! Or, dollop a 1/2 cup of peanut butter on top of the batter and swirl in the dish.
Are you Vegan? Substitute Coconut Oil for the Butter!
Are you gluten-intolerant? Substitute all purpose flour for a gluten friendly variety. Make any typical adjustments that gluten-free baking require.
Don't like chocolate? Omit the cocoa powder and Voila! Now you have a Nutty Blonde Banana Brownie!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Prime rib is so simple to prepare why wait for a special occasion.
Plan it right and you can have a delicious dinner with friends and tasty
leftovers for the week.