Latkes... known by many names including "Potato Pancakes," are a comfort food in many cultures around the world. Our recipe features fresh zucchini, and is reminiscent of the classic old-world recipe where potatoes were not readily available. Plus, it's a great way to add a healthy serving of green to your meal.
Makes 1 Sandwich
3 Cups Fresh Zucchini, shredded
1/2 Red Onion, finely minced & juicy
2 T Rice Flour
1/4 Cup Olive Pil
Garnishes: Guacamole, Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt, Shaved Parmesan Cheese, Crumbled Bacon
1. In a large bowl, toss zucchini and 1/2 teaspoon of Fowl seasoning. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Squeeze zucchini until dry. Stir in the egg, onion, rice flour and remaining seasoning.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
4. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil.
5. Press lightly to flatten, then fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
6. Serve & enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.