This is the ONLY brownies recipe I've used for more than 25 years… It's gooey. It's chewy. It's simple and simply delicious adapting well to flavor additions like this variation that elevates the chocolate with a hint of fruitiness and a salty finish. Give it a try and you'll taste why.
¾ c unsalted butter, melted
¼ c unsalted butter, for greasing pan or substitute with cooking spray
1 ½ c sugar
1 ½ t ground vanilla beans, preferred or pure vanilla extract is acceptable
3 eggs, room temperature
¾ c all-purpose flour
½ c Cocoa Powder *
½ t baking powder
½ c semi-sweet chocolate chips *
½ c white chocolate chips *
¾ c chopped walnuts, optional
• Heat oven to 325º.
• Grease square or rectangular pan roughly 9" x 9" with the additional butter.
• In medium bowl, blend melted butter, sugar and vanilla.
• Add eggs, beat well with spoon.
• In separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder. Gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended.
• Stir in chocolate chips---and nuts if desired. Spread into prepared pan.
• To add a fruity burst of flavor, dollop three large spoonfuls of jam across top of batter. With butter knife, swirl the jam into the batter.
• Bake 45-50 mins or until toothpick comes out clean and brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
Cool completely, cut into mini squares and serve. To turn them into an even sweeter treat, add a scoop of your favorite deep chocolate gelato or rich vanilla bean ice cream!
*Note: Our preferred chocolate for baking and more is Ghirardelli, the 3rd oldest chocolate maker in the United States and proudly produced in California since 1852.
Comments will be approved before showing up.