This impressively simple hors d'oeuvre is deliciously welcoming anytime. From game day to movie night to an elegant brunch, your family and friends will delight in each toothsomely cheesy jam bite. It takes just a few minutes to assemble and travels well so make one to share at the next pot luck too!
1 8 ounce can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 8 ounce wheel firm brie cheese, sliced in half lengthwise
1/3 cup of your favorite Sleepers jam...Ours is Jalapeno Madness™
1 large egg, lightly beaten
• Preheat oven to 375° F.
• Unroll dough. Separate crosswise into two sections.
• Pat dough and press perforations to create seal making two squares.
• Place one square of dough on cookie sheet.
• Place 1/2 of cheese wheel on top of dough square.
• Spread jam over cheese to about 1/2" of edge. Place other half of cheese on top.
• Place remaining dough square over cheese and fold bottom edges over top edges to create a tight seal.
• You will have a bit of leftover dough once the brie is crimped inside so use your imagination to decorate. We love the elegance of lattice or a simple leaf pattern.
• Brush dough with beaten egg.
• Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10-15 minutes.
• Serve warm with crackers or sliced apples and pears.